Primitive Archery and Survival

Primitive Archery and Survival

www.northwoodtraditionalarchery.com

Answering the Call

There is a lot of talk about primitive life ways in the overall community now thanks to TV shows such as Naked and Afraid, Live Free or Die, Survivor Man, and others.. and I can understand that fascination all to well.

The happiest times of my life were spent living in a leaf hut in the blue mountains of North Carolina.. Only back in those days I had not yet learned the art of bow making. I often found my self face to face with deer, only to end up eating snake or squirrel for dinner instead. I got pretty good at throwing rocks.

But it's really really hard to get dinner with a rock every night.

Bow making became an obsession. I hoarded wood till I was sleeping on it, and read every book I could find while seeking out the few people who still knew the secret alchemy of transforming a solid piece of wood into a hunting bow.  I was not satisfied until my bows were a reflection of not just me, but nature itself.

I believe I am finally nearing that goal, and so invite you to visit my Bows for Sale page and see what is now in stock and ready to ship out.

There are some new traditional flat bows, stick bows, and recurve bows just waiting to serve a new master.

Thanks for reading,
Greg
Owner and Sole Craftsman
North Wood Traditional Archery
northwoodbows@gmail.com

This 40 pound stick bow was fun to make... beaver fur silencers, 59" long while strung, right handed arrow rest with leather arrow plate and a shockwave design. More bows I've made recently at http://www.northwoodtraditionalarchery.com/self_bow_for_sale.html


More to come...

Subscribe to receive free email updates: