Wooden Arrows vs Metal Potlids

by:

northwoodtraditionalarchery.com

wooden arrows



  There are many things that I love about these arrows.  I enjoy their natural materials,  their historical roots, and intrinsic beauty.  One thing I would like to point out today that I enjoy most about these arrows,  is their durability and momentum.

Shooting in rough conditions, no problem

To show you what I mean,  i decided to make a few holes in this steel/enamel pot lid.   You can see that the arrows had no trouble penetrating with field points on the tips.  The fact that they didn't go further is because I had been using a log to prop up the lid and they had buried themselves under it.

durable arrows
Fletching stayed on after a year of stump shooting

Often on arrows,  it is common for archers to lose their feathers,  but that has not been an issue whatsoever with these,  due to the sinew wrapping on the ends of the quills. These particular arrows are from my "stump shooters",  which saw the most impact and shock and wet weather of all my arrows this past year.

year old feathers

Subscribe to receive free email updates: